Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Days with my two year old

When I'm not holding Roslyn and taking care of her needs I get to spend time with my little Lahna girl. She is so entertaining that it makes rough days seem bearable. Seriously, two year old children can be pretty fun people to hang out with.

Here is what a typical day with Lahna entails....

Breakfast is not her favorite. She wakes up hungry but I have a hard time finding things she'll eat for breakfast. Half the time she wastes her cereal with milk, some times toast and eggs she'll eat, oatmeal if I'm lucky, she's just not a breakfast girl.

When Daddy goes to work she cries, asking if she can go too, it's sweet and sad at the same time.

When I drop off the older two at school she cries and asks if she can go too, it's also sad :(
Then on the car ride home she explains how she has a school and a teacher and that she gets to go there, even though we both know it's not true, we talk about it anyway. I think it makes her feel included.

Some times we head over to Grandmas if she is really sad so she can play with her cousin Dominic and by "play" I mean brawl. They were such good friends and loved each other so much......from a distance :) I think she treats him how she'd treat an annoying little brother (if she had one) and he treats her as if she were an annoying older sister, it's true love!

She loves to ask (a million times a day) "What are you doing momma?" even though I just answered that questions two minutes ago and even when the answer is the same she still says "Oh" as if it were news to her.

She loves to offer to hold the baby and when I finally let her it lasts about two minutes and then she is saying "Momma can you hold her, she's hurting me." ha ha poor Lahna, her new born sister is not so small these days.

One of her favorite things to do during the day is color, draw or paint.We have another artist on our hands. And I love that she loves to do those things because I can just sit her at the table with the art stuff and let her go to town, easy entertainment and it didn't involve turning on the TV, wohoo!

She is getting so good at entertaining her self with toys. Some of her favorite are her pony's and horsey's and her stuffed duck collection, all of which she has made into family groups including a Mommy, Daddy brother and "baby". I love to listen to her make them talk to each other, some of the things she makes them they say.....well at least I know she listens to me :)

I've been trying to help her give up her nap because when she does take one she doesn't go to bed at night very easily and we can't have that. But she still loves her nap time and I'm not kidding, she asks me if she can please go in her bed to go to sleep. What kid does that? She is like me when I was little, I'd take naps after Kindergarten.

Half the time she asks to skip lunch because she is so tired and just wants to go to bed. Seriously? What kids says no to food so they can go take a nap? She is a funny kid.

Her favorite part of the day is when we go to pick up the big kids from school. She gets so excited for them to be home with her.

Things she says or does:

*Which one you like momma?- said while she holds up two things whether or not they are similar items it does not matter, but I must pick one.

*When you ask her when she did something or when something happened, like "When did you say/do ____with Dominic?" or "when did you hurt your finger?" Her response is "On Tuesdays." We finally figured out she means "two days ago" one time she said "on threesdays" and that is how we figured it out what she meant by "Tuesdays"

*When I say to her "I love you Lahna" she replies with "I love you most" it melts my heart every time.

*She makes everything into families: A family of Grapes, a Family of Lotions, a Family of coins etc. It's so funny to me that both my girls did this but Jonah did not, it must be a girl thing.

*She pronounces mosquito "skamito"

* She pronounces spaghetti "skibetti"

*She called Halloween "Hallow-winga"

*She is fully potty trained but I need to supervise her still, so when I take her in there and make sure she actually makes it on the potty she then will say "Okay go away mom!" and then I have to leave her in privacy.

There is so much about this girl that I wish would never change! She is hilarious and totally entertaining. A lot of people say "terrible twos" but I think two year olds are the best! I mean yeah they have melt downs and throw fits and sometimes just drive you crazy with their craziness but there is so much fun that come out of them that it just out weighs the bad, in my opinion. Now three year olds......that's another story ;)



I love my days with my Lahna lulu!



No comments: