Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Roslyn's Blessing Day

 Isn't it the truth that with the 4th, 5th child the less pictures you get of them? It's a sad but true fact of life. I have the hardest time remembering to bring our camera anywhere these days. It's like, if I can remember the kids and all the stuff needed for them before getting out the door to go somewhere, then I'm doing pretty good!

Well a while back we had Roslyn Blessed. It was a small but special event for us. She really is a sweet sweet baby and the perfect addition to our family.

Of course I forgot the camera as we hurried our family of six out the door to be early for 9am church, we were just lucky to get there on time! Luckily my Mom is getting better at remember her camera and brought hers so we could record this day with pictures.

A friend of mine at church came up to me after the meeting and handed me a small scrap of paper with crayon colorings on it and other scribbles along with the words spoken in Roslyn's Blessing by her Father telling me how she liked having the words of the blessings of her kids written down so she did the same for me. She apologized for the condition of the paper and that she had missed a few words while her toddler started coloring on the paper as she was writing words down. It was such a sweet gesture and so much appreciated by me! I love having good friends.

My Mom made the blessing dress she is wearing, for Eden when she was an infant (her first Grand daughter) and now all three of my girls have worn it. It has such special meaning in our home now.

We sure tried hard to get just ONE good picture of our little family and this is all we could come up with. I think it's a Harker genes to take bad pictures ;) 

 This one is my favorite even though Cory and I are looking down, it's the best we could get!


1 comment:

Denisse said...

You have such a beautiful family Kristin! You are a mommy of 4 little kiddos! Crazy! I love it! You look happy.

The other day I was at JoAnn's, you know the fabric store and I thought I saw a girl that looked like one of your sisters, I stared at her for a few seconds but I didn't want to go and ask her randomly, are you Kristin's sister?
Anyway, it made me think of you. I'm so glad you updated your blog. It's always nice to see photos and read what you're up to.

If you come to Salt Lake again, call me. I'd love to see you and meet your kids. Hugs!