Friday, October 5, 2012

Life with a new born

I know it's only been three weeks since Roslyn joined us and I know that it's only been two and a half years since I've had a new born in the house but MAN I forget how much work they are and how little you can achieve with a new born around.

I always feel bad when Cory gets home and the house is a mess, I'm a mess, the kids are a mess and I haven't planned dinner. I know he doesn't think this, and if he does he sure does not say it but I feel like he's thinking "Okaaay what did you do today?" Because that is how I feel...."What the heck did I get done today?!" Well....I fed the baby, changed the baby, held the baby, calmed the baby down, got her to sleep finally, set her in her bed got up to do something for two minutes before she needed me again. I know this phase doesn't last long but it's killing me. And right now I'm really trying to enjoy each phase as much as possible because this could very well be our last child and I want to soak up each moment of each phase, but I have a lot on my plate with 4 kids and I feel so frustrated these last few days since Roslyn has decided she LOVES to be held ALL.THE.TIME! I can't get anything done.

I'm not one of those Mom's that just can't handle it or can't listen to her new born cry, I'm okay with letting them cry while I get some things done. But she has learned to just keep crying until she gets what she wants and when I test how far she will go she starts to hold her breath and starts to turn purple and she gets hysterical ( I know because I've let it go that far) and eventually I have to pick her up. I can't let her cry all day long, that would probably not a be a good thing to do but I also can't hold her all day long either. I hate to admit it but we have a high-maintenance diva little girl on our hands. She wants what she wants and doesn't take "no" or "just a minute" for an answer, at.all!

I LOVE this sweet little lady of ours I do, she is so precious and is such a blessing but she is driving me crazy :) I wish I could be more patient with her and I feel guilty that I'm not more patient but I just can't not do anything but tend to her all day, I have a two year old that needs me too, I have a house that needs attention and plenty of other responsibilities on my plate.

((SIGH))

I know it's a phase. I know it wont last forever and that she'll learn to entertain herself in just a few months time but for now I just sit and hold her and look at my house getting more and more destroyed hoping she'll give me a minute or two to get some things done around here.

How am I blogging right now, you ask? Well she is with my Mom while I "clean" my house :) I am cleaning, well I'm making my older kids clean while I do laundry and blog, he he.

Anyway I'm done venting. I just thought I'd record some of my thoughts even if they aren't all sunshine and roses. I'll blog a happier post soon with pictures of how big she is getting, she's seriously the size of a two month old already!

I love my chunky Monkey!


2 comments:

Rachel Chick said...

Newborns ARE a lot of work! :) I'm always surprised by it, too. So worth it, but a lot of work. With both Violet and Clara, I used my moby wrap a lot. I wore those kids all around the house. :) Good luck with the coming months --- as you know, they'll be over before you know it.

Unknown said...

I guess I haven't been on blogger in a while...It's nice to see you've done a couple new posts! Although, they aren't as exciting as they used to be when I didn't live just down the street :). It was nice to read the whole birth story though. Bring Roslyn by any time and I will hold her for you!