Monday, May 28, 2012

Visiting Harker's

 Back in May we last minute decided to go up to Canada to see G-Ma and G-Pa Harker and my kids' only Harker cousins. The kids had a day or two off school for a holiday (Memorial day?) and Cory had work off so we headed up North. We knew that in a few months I would not feel like traveling later in my pregnancy so it was the perfect opportunity to get away to see family for a weekend.

The kids love their cousins! They enjoyed time with them........
Eating Ice cream
 Having BBQ's at a park
Lahna trying to be a big girl like cousin Danica


 Jonah loved helping Grampa George with Yard work, he felt so "Manly"

 The kids decided that the very unsafe old deck was a great place for a "fort" 
(the next trip up to Canada involved tearing that old deck down, the kids were a bit sad about losing their fort, but it was probably for the best)

 "fishing" at the local pond
The kids only caught a bunch of water bugs and a couple of tad poles but they were sure excited about their great catches.

I love this picture. Cory just chilling with cute Danica while she hopes to catch something.
It was a fun short week end I'm glad we got to go. It's the first time we've been up to his folks in years. While in Indiana it was just hard to make a trip up to Canada so we were more than excited to go back for a nice visit.
Cory took the two older kids back up to Canada the end of July, but I was not feeling like driving 8 hours so I stayed home with Lahna girl and we had a nice five days to ourselves. I don't have pictures from that, as Cory went with out a camera. He did take a few pictures on his phone that I may post on here later.

No comments: